After successfully completing the course and passing the exam, delegates should be able to:
- Perform the appropriate testing activities based on the software development lifecycle being used.
- Determine the proper prioritization of the testing activities based on the information provided by the risk analysis.
- Select and apply appropriate testing techniques to ensure that tests provide an adequate level of confidence, based on defined coverage criteria.
- Provide the appropriate level of documentation relevant to the testing activities.
- Determine the appropriate types of functional testing to be performed.
- Assume responsibility for the usability testing for a given project.
- Effectively participate in formal and informal reviews with stakeholders, applying knowledge of typical mistakes made in work products.
- Design and implement a defect classification scheme.
- Apply tools to support an efficient testing process.
Syllabus – Key points
- Testing Process
- Test Management
- Test Techniques
- Testing Software Quality Characteristics
- Defect Management
- Test Tools